Friday, December 12, 2014

Hop-Along and the Tales of Brunch

So Dippy and I went to a Dubai brunch. which at first I thought should be peaceful............... think again, readers! Nothing about Dubai is basic or mundane!!!

First though, I should mention that Dippy's ankle got worse! Now she has a cast. Poor Dippy! But don't worry, I take good care of her!



The health care here is pretty amazing!!! ...As long as you have insurance (which we do!).
Sooo send your get well soons to Dippy.

But back to the topic of the day! We went to Dubai's famous brunch. Which should be called a "drunch" (portmanteau of drunk and brunch). We went to the Wafi hotel . Which hosts an amazing brunch; and as long as it's "culturally appropriate" they offer an alcoholic brunch as well.


You can only guess what Dippy and her co-workers picked!
So the deal is you can have all you can eat food from three of the restaurants of the hotel, and included, if you wish, is "house beverages". The stylish bracelets shows that you can order alcohol.
It kinda reminded me of when I worked for Club Med.
( shout outs to our Club Med Readers!)


Now this is where Dippy and I behave ourselves, of course.
But when the last call came around, without asking, the waitress came to the table with soo much alcohol!!!

I asked for one drink to end the day, and got three. La Cat asked for "a rum and coke, but can it be a half glass" and wound up with a half glass... of rum! (with a can of cola on the side). Another co-worker got brought a half bottle of wine!!!

So if your ever in Dubai. I suggest a brunch if you want to get your day drunk on.

Other then that I got a haircut to clean it up a bit. We got some wrapping paper for Christmas as well. Being so big about shopping, they rep Christmas here big time, just not quite as extravagantly as Canada does.

Which I like, since I am a twin to Santa Clause apparently.

My apologies for the lack of picture. we didn't stay long after the brunch.

1 comment: