Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 1 - Arrival!



Because of the hold up at the airport, I arrived to the Stoke-on-Trent rail station quite late. But I took the bus anyways, because I'm cheap like that!

I had no trouble at all finding the Darwin Building (where the 24 hr reception is) and checking in. They were so nice! They security guy who checked me in even had the Steward drive me down to my "Zed Shed" in their van! ... I tried to go around the wrong side to get in, but I caught myself! :#






My room is smaller than I expected; I don't know that I have enough room to do the Yoga I'd wanted to. But it's nice none the less. They even provided me with sheets! So I don't have to go out and buy any! Yay, savings!


It wasn't quite 8 o'clock yet, so I thought I'd phone the American intern and see if she was still up to giving me a tour. So Nina came over and showed me around. The campus was quite empty, apparently all the students have been on vacation for the past month because of Easter, and nothing was open that sold any food. Luckily the KPA had crisps at least, so I had those before bed.


She also showed me this beautiful little walking path they have down by a lake. I think it's the path I read about on the Keele University fitness website "The Woodland Walk". I look forward to hiking on it often!


I also met some of my housemates and they seem great so far! All very nice and friendly. They were chilling in the kitchen when I arrived.


I haven't figured out how the internet works in residence here... but I'll ask people tomorrow.


I'm getting up at 7am tomorrow, so I'd best go to sleep.


 Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment