Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 1 - Departures

So imagine my frustration, it’s been a mere 2 years since I’ve flown, and already Pearson’s made dramatic, and aggravating changes. Namely, they’ve removed the free wi-fi I enjoyed preceding my flight to Rome, and now charge 10$ for a day’s worth of internet. I’m only here for an hour, why would I want to pay for 24hrs of internet here, and again should I choose to use the net on my layover in Montreal? I had been hoping to post once, pre-departure, maybe put up a tweet or something in the hour or so I had to kill, but instead, no internet. Anyways, minor aggravations like that aside, everything’s gone well so far.


After spending the better part of the day hmm-ing and haw-ing over what to bring on this particular adventure, and more importantly what I had to sacrifice to comply with weight regulations, I made it to the airport and had no problems getting through security, to my gate or onto my plane.


The plane was a little cramped, but it was only an airbus (practically a commuter plane). I watched part of Sherlock Holmes (again) on my personal TV screen, before we arrived in Montreal, much sooner than I’d expected to be honest, but time does fly ;) ... And boy do I love to fly!!


It has been much too long. Once every two years is not nearly often enough to enjoy the rush of take-off, the light-headedness of turbulence and steep banking and the exhilaration of landing. I hope that after I have graduated I have some job that allows for extensive travel. I can’t wait to share the experience with Jon, he has never flown before!




Landing in Montreal was a little surreal. It was snowing! I mean really! I’ve never actually landed in thick snow before...


Apparently I will be sharing my Air France flight to paris with some sort of school field trip entirely clad in bright red... we’ll see how this goes shall we? This will be a significantly larger flight, a Boeing 777 has quite the size advantage over an airbus!


Catch you on the flip side!
<3 Dippy

No comments:

Post a Comment