Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 63 - Birthday Celebrations Begin

Yesterday was Katie's birthday! She turned 22 too! Yay for samesies!

Anyways, she knocked on Faye and my door at like... 10 o'clock, offering us pieces of the birthday cake her parents bought for her. Tasty chocolatey goodness!

The next night, we'd planned to get birthday pizza as a kind of joint birthday celebration and watch Sherlock Holmes, the new Robert Downey Jr one. Faye was working a late at her placement, so we had to wait for her to come home for that. While we were waiting, Katie, her friend Chris and I went to the Union to have some drinks, I tried some mixed berry cider with a complex unpronounceable name. Then we headed back to the shed, Faye texted and told us she was feeling sick so she wouldn't be coming. So we ordered Dominos, they have a 2 for 1 deal on Tuesdays. We got bacon double-cheeseburger (my personal fave), and Southwestern BBQ chicken pizza... Soooo tasty.

We watched a few youtube videos before we started the movie. I showed them this funny Kids in the Hall sketch, they really appreciated it. Chris had been telling me how much he wanted to visit Canada, and one of the prime topics of conversation after that is always "stereotypes" so I thought it would be appropriate.

Sherlock Holmes wound up going way too late, but I love that movie, so I just couldn't resist. I rarely ever hope for this, but I really hope they make a sequel to that film! It's delightful :D

No comments:

Post a Comment