Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 65 - Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!

If I were home, I'd be watching fireworks tonight. Hanging out in Riverside Park, seeing all my old friends from Rovers and Venturers; one of the few times all year I manage to see them. I'd probably be enjoying a barbeque or something, maybe stopping by the houses of family and friends having Canada Day celebrations and saying hi.

If I were home, on Monday, I'd be eating dinner with my family. Probably at East Side Mario's or an All-You-Can-Eat Sushi place. Celebrating my birthday.

If I were home, I'd have a pool party to celebrate my birthday and I'd invite all my friends; from Guelph and from Toronto.

If I were home, only 4 people would actually come. But we'd still have fun, I've gotten used to the low attendance rate of my parties.

If I were home, I'd be enjoying my family's brand new pool. Well, our old pool revamped. Enjoying the solar heated, salt system water surrounded by mock river-rock pavement.

If I were home, I wouldn't be annoyed that because of that new pool, no one is coming to visit me.

If I were home, maybe I'd have gone to the cottage for Canada Day and put on my own fireworks display from the dock.

If I were home, I'd have Jon by my side, laughing and joking and cuddling wherever I happened to be.

If I were home, I wouldn't be travelling alone.

But if I were home, I wouldn't be seeing dozens of cities I've only ever read about before.

If I were home, I wouldn't be perusing library and museum alike, weekend after weekend. Devouring experience after experience. Learning, seeing, photographing voraciously.

If I were home, I wouldn't be visiting the locations I've seen on the silver screen, big and small, all my life.

If I were home, every other meal wouldn't be some sort off meat filled pastry.

If I were home...

Well I'll be home soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment