Friday, July 2, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 66 - Canada Day pt 2

I realize I never actually explained what I did for Canada Day! I needed to have some sort of celebration, right? Well, Katie wound up coming to my office at the end of my day because that's the only place I have access to my iTunes Library and she wanted my TV shows. So now she's watching New Who from the very beginning (and I imagine, staying up all night to do so) and also has a few other shows to try out. Then we went home and when we passed by the post office, I checked the board to see if I had any packages waiting and I did! But the office was closed so I couldn't pick it up... I had a feeling I knew what it was though... When we got home, we had some of her left over birthday cake as a Canada Day treat and we decided we'd go have dinner and a pint at the Sneyd Arms together as our own little celebration. We both had steak and ale pie. I reasoned that Steak and Ale pie is appropriate Canada Day cuisine as it is as close to tourtière as we're going to get here in England! XD It was totally delicious and totally worth the ~1/2 hr walk to get to the pub :D


Oh and apparently Thursdays are Pie Days at the Sneyd Arms, so even better!

Mmmmm.... Pie....

Today, I picked up the package and I was right! It was my package from the YOWilkies! It contained 4 different boxes of Kraft Dinner; Original, Extra Creamy, White Cheddar and Sharp Cheddar. I ate a full box of the Original for dinner with a bottle of Fufu berry Jones Soda; a truly Canadian meal just a day late for Canada Day. Perfect!

KD is so delicious... but now my tummy is a little angry with me. I think it's bed time...

No comments:

Post a Comment