Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Filler for now

I'll do full updates later, I've got a backlog of notes and travel experiences and photographs from the past few weeks... it's been nearly a month since I posted last, hasn't it? Yikes... I'm sorry...

What have you missed? Jon came to visit and we went *everywhere* (it was amazing), I've been going crazy with how stressed I am, and when my internship is done I'm going to the Alps to finally see Melanie for the first time in ages before I head home.

So, here I am on the second last day of my internship. I'm trying desperately to finish up these promotional videos but I'm not a very good editor. Don't get me wrong, I can edit. When I have the time, I can edit fairly well. But I am *not* a Good Editor. I can't edit amazing pieces in the blink of an eye, I make mistakes and stumble. Sometimes it feels like I'm groping in the dark when I use my editing software... Ellis once told me there are 3 ways you can have editing, but you can only ever have 2 of those three. It'll either be fast and good but expensive, fast and cheap but bad or cheap and good but slow. I am "cheap, good and slow" in that saying. And right now, I'm trying to be fast and cheap... without having the finished product be terrible.

What am I doing right now? Waiting on the render that never ends.

I am so inept that this one sequence I'm working on seems to constantly need to be rendered... ok, so it's not really my ineptness, it's how complex this particular one is... but it makes me feel inept so bleh.

Plus this particular sequence is next to impossible because one interview is with a person who is a constant re-phraser who never actually starts or finishes a complete sentence and the other says 'like' every other word... so beyond the issues of trying to edit a good piece waffling back and forth between two people (one person is easy, 3 has some symmetry, but 2? It's a painfully constant back and forth) I'm dealing with people who do not talk in an editable manner. Blah.

For my next trip, I shall try to edit 2 complete single interview pieces within 4 hours... I need an Amped energy :/

Oh look, my render's finally done... for now.

TTYL... probably very later >.>

No comments:

Post a Comment