Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 68 - So far? Best Birthday EVER!

This weekend I had been considering taking a day trip to Newcastle-upon-Tyne (3hrs on a train each way? Yikes..). But I had fallen asleep with my window open, so when I woke up (at 4 am), my allergies were so oppressively bad I couldn't breathe right, I couldn't sleep anymore, my eyes could barely open and my sinuses felt like they were going to blow my head up... it was Not Fun. I needed to do my laundry anyways so I made an executive decision to go to Newcastle some other time.

Having woken up at 4, since I'd gone to bed at like, 7pm the night before because I was so exhausted, I was already awake when Jon called at 7. I suggested he do something (I can't even remember what) and he replied "I don't really have any money". I was taken aback by this.
"But Jon!" I said "You've been saving up money, how do you not have any?"
"I spent it all on your birthday present." he said sheepishly
*shocked silence* "What could you have possibly gotten me that you'd spend that much money on!"
"I'm coming to visit you." he responded.
...
...
...
O.O REALLY!?!?!?! XD *dies*

Seriously though, best birthday present ever!!!! Here I had prepared myself, suppressed my previous hopes that he'd come visit (he'd wanted to come for my birthday so I wouldn't have to be alone) so I wouldn't be sad when he wasn't able to come over, either because the ticket would be too expensive or because he was going to a summer school math class, and then he just goes and buys a ticket!?! ^_____^

So he's coming to visit. His flight leaves on the 13th, he gets here early in the morning on the 14th and he leaves on the 20th. I can't wait! I don't know where we'll go... I mean, I've gotta take him somewhere! Maybe Scotland? Or maybe I'll just take him around to various places kind of close by... I think he said something about wanting to go to Alton Towers; that could be really fun!

I spent the next few hours working myself up so much that I'd have to go to sleep. Then I'd wake up, work myself up again and go back to sleep. Finally, I got up for real and went and did my laundry, grabbed some snackies from the Select and Save and ran into Faye. We wound up talking a bunch and I invited her to come watch Repo with Katie and I later that night.

Now I didn't "force" anyone to watch Repo (so you can bite your tongue mom! XP lol); you see, Katie's sister LOVES Saw, and when I mentioned I'd met Darren Lynn Bousman, and explained how I met him (which is through shadowcasting/making my documentary about Repo shadowcasting) Katie decided she had to see Repo! The Genetic Opera. So we sat and watched it... I tried to bite my tongue throughout, but the urge to do callbacks is just so ingrained now! Now they want to go see the Repo Shadow Cast in Birmingham, so I think if they're having a show in the next month, we may just have to take a trip down there!

Faye and I decided we'd go grocery shopping together on Sunday, since we both needed things. She showed me where the Sainsbury's is, since I've been doing all my shopping at the Morrisson's. I got such a great haul of stuff, including smoked salmon (which our local Morrisson's doesn't carry) and a special birthday treat, Ben & Jerry's Phish Food icecream (my fave!). It's going to be awesome! For my birthday dinner I'll make myself a simple smoked salmon pasta with Phish Food for dessert! It'll be fantabulous! Maybe I'll even buy myself a Fufu Berry Jones Soda as a special drink to go with my special meal!

I made myself a pretty special meal tonight too... I made myself an applewood smoked cheddar grilled cheese sandwich *drool*... it's like there's bacon in it, without there actually being any, you know, bacon :P.

Faye, Katie and I tried to have a Chatroulette party, but for some reason it wouldn't let us do video chat... we could do text chat, and we had some pretty funny ones, but still, no video :(

We did do a video chat with my parents on Skype though! They wanted to wish me a happy birthday and so my friends got to meet the famjam. And now, having seen my kitchen, Katie wants to come visit even more! I think I'm winning her over about Canada being more awesome than the US of A. Although her NYC and Florida obsession may run a little too deep for me to counter >.<

All in all, a pretty awesome birthday weekend for my having not left the Newcastle/Stoke/Keele area!

No comments:

Post a Comment