Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 7 - I Lost My Blankie!

The title is not entirely accurate, but that's the gist of it.

Not only did I forget to bring my beloved Slush with me (that's the stuffed husky Jon gave me for my birthday... poor puppy!) but now I've lost the one thing keeping that from upsetting me. My computer died today. Absolutely no warning, the screen just went kaput! I've had what seems to be the same problem before, that time it was the graphics processor (my NVIDIA chip) that died, apparently because of a packaging defect they were aware of. Luckily my computer is still under warranty, and they'll honour that warranty here in England. But it means that outside of work hours, I'll basically have absolutely no access to email, facebook, Skype, any of it.

I'm posting this so everyone knows. Don't count on getting a hold of me. If you want to contact me, check out my facebook note about mailing address etc, my phone number's on there if you'd like to call.

I should have my computer back in 7-10 days if all goes well... hopefully... fingers crossed :(

I am not happy.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that your computer gets up and running soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shauna, I just got it back the other day! So yay! More posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain I forgot my "blankie" too. Incidentally also a beanie baby dog, weird.

    ReplyDelete