Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 30 - Oh does that cat hate Mondays!

Thank you so much everyone who's commented, facebook messaged and emailed me about my blog! It's great to know that I'm actually writing for an audience and not just casting magic missile into the darkness... umm... I mean... pretend you didn't read that last bit! >.>

Anyways, story time!

The day after Nina left, Fanny came in with a grocery bag. Nina had told me she'd be leaving me some stuff, because, well, obviously you can't really bring many things over with you, and by extension can't bring them back with you. So I was expecting some stuff, maybe food she'd have to throw out otherwise, but then I'm given the grocery bag...

And I think Nina must be trying to tell me something.

Inside the bag are 2 things: a bottle of Ibuprofen, and a scale.


As in a weigh-yourself-you-fatty scale, not a dragon scale or something. I know it's for when I leave, so I can weigh my luggage and make sure I'm not over, but still. It was funny before it clicked!

Since then, I've actually stepped on it, and either it's wrong or England's been very good to me; despite all its flaky pastry around pork, sausage, steak and all other manner of things you can make a savoury pie dish out of.

On the topic of weight, how about exercise? I've been doing a lot of walking, and done a bit of various exercise videos I have up in my room, but that room is just so tiny! I can barely do my yoga in there, let alone any of the other videos I have. But I realized: why not buy myself a cheap yoga mat and do my yoga out on the grass around my shed? So, once I figure out where I can actually get myself anything like that, I may just do it!

I'm also quite happy with my skin since I got here. You may not know this, but I have terribad acne. Yuck! But since I've been here, I've been in the clear, as it were. I'm more regular about my prescriptions, I guess because I have fewer distractions, but for the first bit my skin was drying out like whoa! So I went out and decided I'd try this Nivea light moisturizer, and Perfect! Having such clear skin is a really nice change, especially since I'm meeting so many new people.

In typing this, I've noticed something that may give some insight into the accuracy of that scale... my promise ring won't stay upright... it keeps falling down so the gem is on the inside of my hand where it doesn't belong. I guess that scale's right!

Awesome! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment