Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 9 - Without a Computer, without a lens

Without my computer, without talking to my boy or idly chatting with my friends back home, I have to find other things to occupy myself and take my mind off the fact I miss Jon more when I can't talk to him whenever I want.

So day 1 without a computer, I went for a nice long walk with my staff and my camera. Unfortunately, the 4GB memory card I brought on said walk refused to work, for some reason, so I couldn't take any pictures of the beautiful day. But I did realize something, wandering through this vast, beautiful walk way; without a lens, I cannot see. I don't mean my glasses, though that's quite true, I mean my camera. When I'm not looking through the lens, I stop seeing beautiful images everywhere; I start to just see a vague prettiness and focus on the sounds. Waterfalls, wind through leaves, birds singing songs more complex than the ones back home, a busy road off in the distance; that is where my focus goes. I stop picking out frames and shots to preserve forever, and start flowing through sound. I suppose it can be good or bad depending on how you look at it, but it is how it is. 

Day 2 without a computer I started watching through all the tv episodes I have on my iPod. I finally finished season 1 of How I Met Your Mother, and watched the first few episodes of the new season of The Tudors; I just wish I had more. The Tudors is such an excellent show and never fails to cheer me up immensely, even if it's a sad episode. I still have Mad Men and Nurse Jackie on there to entertain me until my computer comes home.

I've also been trying to get more and more sleep. Maybe it's mild jet lag affecting me, but I'm been so very very exhausted every day, no matter how much sleep I get (6hrs, 8hrs, 10hrs...)

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment