Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 15 - Fancy-pants!

Sarah finally got back to me, so we're going to be hanging out this weekend, officially! She's coming up Saturday morning and we're going to head to Chester for the day. Annette, the CIED co-ordinator, has also invited us to the Staffordshire wildlife festival on Sunday, so that should be cool.


Nina's goodbye lunch was today, and boy was it fancy!


It was in Keele Hall, which is the nice castle-like building on campus. And you know when meals are so fancy the portions are really really tiny? That's how fancy it was, we had 3 forks and 4 knives, three wine glasses, two dessert spoons; ridiculous... -ly delicious! ^.^ I had roast chicken on walnut bread as an appetizer, an organic cheese packet on top of grilled Portobello mushroom with sundried tomato and red lentil sauce as my main, and a fresh fruit salad with passionfruit-mango sorbet for desert. Wow was it tasty! In fact, one of the guys had to leave early (Andy, I think his name was, he had been sitting next to me) but they kept bringing out his food. So Ron and I wound up splitting the extra cheese + mushroom dish, and then we shared the chocolate caramel tart as well because us and Nina were the only ones who didn't order the tart and we "just had to try it!". It was actually my first attempt at pistachio ice cream too; bizarrely tasty for such a green frozen treat!


It's sad though, Nina's leaving in two days! In fact, tomorrow's really the last day I'll see her. No more "So... " "Indeed." back and forths, no more teasing her till she cries from laughing so hard. And not long after, Fanny will be gone too :( Not cool.


Who am I going to travel with now! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment