Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dippy Jones Across the Pond: Day 3 - The Pub

Today, I went to my first real English pub.

Nina and Fanny introduced me to Oliver, one of the peer advisers whose office we're using, and we all went out for dinner. We trekked down to Keele village, which is about a half hour walk from our halls, and they showed me around. I used my walking staff too! (thanks mom & dad!)

So Keele village is exceptionally small (like, smaller than Rockwood small), there's a road, and a pub, and some kind of off-campus residences for students (called the Hawthorns). We stopped for a pint and a hot meal at the Sneyd Arms. Nina had said their food wasn't great, but I disagree! I had Steak and Ale Pie, with chips and peas (not mushy peas, good regular fresh peas) and a pint of Strongbow, and it was soooooo delicious! I think she may just be biased because they don't have a great selection of vegetarian options for her.

While we were in eating, there was a huge thunderstorm, it even hailed! It was really quite impressive, but lucky for us, it didn't start until we were in the pub, and ended before we left; what polite rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment